Thursday, March 15, 2012

When I first met Cyril she was in bad shape. She had been sick with malaria and typhoid, so she had a high fever that was causing her to have seizures. Since she was sick, her appetite was not good and was very malnourished. At first I had no option but to do my best to help her from home. We started bringing her some PlumpyNut and Porridge so that she could at least have some protein in her diet. This helped her legs start to heal her legs and when they stopped hurting she started walking around again.


Her mother loves her very much, but has two other young children, a one year old with Down Syndrome and an infant, that also need a lot of support. Whenever I would go visit I would just sit and talk to her mom about Cyril and Henry. Henry is still young, so we are going to help him get physical therapy so that he can strengthen his muscles and start walking. She is a sweet woman who loves her kids, but lacks the resources to give them proper care. Cyril’s mother asked us to help, so Cyril moved into her new home this week. 
Henry

Cyril playing outside her house. I would always find her
here when I came to visit.

Cyril's mother
Now Cyril is all settled in and I have never seen her so happy. She is sleeping through the night and eating good meals. She loves sitting under the shade of the tree in the backyard. She has new toys to play with, but don’t expect her to share with you. She loves following Mary around the backyard too. She is all smiles and has the sweetest laugh. Yesterday I was sitting in the living room playing music for her and Isaac and they were just laughing back and forth at each other. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of these kid’s lives and I can’t wait to see God work in their lives as they continue to improve.
Hanging out in the shade

Lunch time!

Lounging on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for Cyril! Her smile is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so happy! I love to see her out enjoying that beautiful backyard! You're amazing SamHam. Love you.

    ReplyDelete