Saturday, March 3, 2012

Today I met Kevin in town to talk to his grandmother and see how he was doing and learn a little bit more about their life
Kevin and his grandmother
Kevin lives with his grandmother and she hasn’t seen or heard from his parents in years. This grandmother, like many others, is left to try to make ends meet herself and now has the extra weight of carrying for a child. A child like Kevin is even more difficult because of all the care he needs. He is unable to walk and was told that he needed to be taken to the hospital three times a week for physical therapy. The problem is that the grandmother lives far from town and has an old injury on one of her legs so she can’t walk for long distances and its even more difficult when you have a six year old to carry as well. She also doesn’t have a steady income and can’t afford the money for transport because she has to pay rent and buy food. 
Kevin is a sweet little boy. Last time he was so scared, but this time he was so full of joy. He greeted me when I walked up and then invited me to come to his house. He learned my name and kept calling me and asking me to take pictures of him. He was all smiles today. Please pray that God will provide a way for Kevin to get the care that he needs so that he can learn to sit and walk on his own and continue to grow and thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment