Monday, August 1, 2011

           Last week I was busy with so many things I didn’t have the chance to visit my friends at Discover to Recover. So after church yesterday I finally got to see them and it was so much fun. I gave the kids my camera and they took some great pictures. Here are a few. 


Cool guy Ian

Me with Gregory and Pian

A shot of the classrooms 

Churchill and his shades

Benja kicking back and relaxing

Sweet Churchill

Sunday making a funny face 

Emily making paper beads

Karen

Sammy the photographer taking a picture of himself

Dorcas outside of the center


         Rael and Rosie are settling into their new home. They are both already looking so much better and happier. As they get regular good meals in their stomachs, their personalities are starting to come out. They are precious little girls. Rael is making a little slower recovery because of the severity of her malnutrition, but she is still doing well. She sat on my lap and played with me for a while today and I even got her to smile a few times. Rosie ate two whole plates of ugali for dinner and was talking for the first time since we picked her up. Rosie fell asleep right after dinner and we put her in bed, but then she started crying a few minutes later. So we went and put her into the other room to play with the other kids. Rael was sitting on the couch outside and Rosie cried until she was with her sister. I am so glad that I get to see these girls as they continue to improve. 


Rosie

Me and Rael




No comments:

Post a Comment