Monday, August 22, 2011


It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve been able to make it out to Purpose Driven Academy. I stopped by their for a while today and the first thing I see is Stella running over to me with a huge smile on her face. Usually she will walk over and say hi, but she is never as enthusiastic as she was today. She gave me a huge hug and said she missed me and told me that she thought that I went back to America. I told her I would never leave without saying goodbye and then she ran back to finish her lunch and go back to class. 
         Here the schools are on break, but they have what is called tution, which is almost the same as summer school in America because it gives the kids a time to review. The younger grades only have class until lunchtime so I sat with them while they rolled tires around the school yard because that is the closest thing to a toy that is available to them. Most of the kids that were at school are the ones who board there. They have no other place to go because there is no one to take care of them at home. It was fun to have time when less kids were around to get to know the ones that live at the school year round. TI took a few pictures, then Junior took over and showed off his photography skills once again. 
Junior and Allan

Marvelous trying so hard to roll the tire


Elizabeth

Juliet

Issac, Micah, Hillary and Phillip racing down the hill


No comments:

Post a Comment