Wednesday, October 31, 2012


I went to Namanjalala to visit Bramwel last week. As soon as I met him, I instantly fell in love with him. It broke my heart that such a sweet little boy was in such a desperate situation. We went back the next day and talked to his parents about bringing him to the house. We found out that they have 8 children  and struggle to provide food for them. When we went back to pick up Bramwel we found him and three of his siblings eating lunch out of this small bowl. 
Walking to Bramwell's house.

Eating lunch

The neighbor kids crowding around the door.
 We brought him to the house and he ate lunch again and couldn’t wait for dinner. When he was eating dinner he stopped, looked up at me and told me that at his house they don’t eat. I reassured him that with us, he could eat as much as he wanted and a huge smile came across his face. 

He loves playing with the other kids and is such a little snuggler. He is so happy just to have that loving touch. His mother also told us that he doesn’t play with other kids and mostly keeps to himself because the neighbor kids are mean to him and make fun of the way that he talks. Here he is happy because the kids here don’t care if anyone is a little different and he fits right in with the rest of the group. 
Check-up at the doctor's office. 

So cute!

Playing cars with Willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment