Monday, October 22, 2012


I got a call over the weekend from one of the motorcycle drivers that I use frequently. He told me that while he was waiting for a customer he met a kid that he wanted me to go meet. So this morning I gave him a call and he drove me out to an area of town called Namanjalala to meet him. From the main dirt road into the area we had to walk about twenty minutes to make it to his house because there are no good roads that lead there. Then I had the pleasure of meeting sweet Bramwell. He is six years old and lives with his family and four other siblings in this small home. 
Bramwell's sister and who younger brothers. 



Another one of his brothers. 

Bramwell outside of his house.

He is one of the sweetest children I’ve ever met. He instantly came up to me and sat on my lap while I talked with his mother. His mom told us that she tried to send him to school, but they sent him away saying that he can’t learn. Bramwell appears to have Down Syndrome. His mother told us that his speech is very delayed and he understands things, but it takes him time to process what is being said. He also has a soft spot on his head that goes from the top of his nose to the middle of his head. His mother said that it just never closed up and since they live in a village area the hospital is far away. Despite that, she said that he is healthy and has no additional ailments. He is a such sweet little guy and I am excited that God has brought him into my life. Please keep him and his family in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment