Saturday, July 16, 2011

      I’d like to start off by thanking Allison Hibbard for teaching me a life altering skill that will allow for me to post more pictures than anyone could ever imagine.  Other than that, I just wanted to give a little update on some of the things that I’ve blogged about in the past.  
     First of all Baby Mary is doing great. When I met her I was scrambling to find some sort of way to help her in any way that I could. My mother, being the angel that she is, scrambled to send a neck pillow to me with some people that were flying out here. Yesterday, I met Mary and Catherine at Bible study and gave the pillow to them. We put the pillow around her neck and for the first time she was sitting up with only a little support to keep her head up. Within three minutes, she was fast asleep for the entire two hours of Bible Study. We kept the baby outside with us and gave Catherine a little break. Afterwards, she was talking and socializing with the other women, which is something that she normally doesn't get to do because she always has Mary with her. It is great that such a simple thing could make such a big difference. I am looking forward to seeing how much progress she makes over the time that I am here.  

Here is Baby Mary sitting up almost completely on her own with her new neck pillow.

Leila and Mary


Mary sound asleep.
       Today I picked up the kids from Purpose Driven Academy and took them into town to get new uniforms and some other things that they need. We went into a shoe store and sweet little Marvelous sat and looked at herself in the mirror and was doing cute little dances the whole time we were there. After we got all the shopping stuff done we took them to eat in town and they were all so happy and excited. They chose whatever they wanted off of the menu. Junior, Allan and Stella all wanted  and a soda, chicken and french fries then went for seconds. Marvelous ordered beef stew and chipati then went for a second round of beef stew. They all ate more food than I even thought was humanly possible. It was great to see their smiling faces and how happy they were to take a trip into town. It was great to see them in a completely opposite mood from the last time I saw them.  They were so happy and precious so we took lots of pictures. Enjoy!
Junior eating his chicken and chips

Allan with his lunch

Stella

Marvelous eating her beef stew and chipati


Me with Stella and Marvelous

Allan!

Junior!

No comments:

Post a Comment