Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A double blog posting today. Starting next week the rest of the team will be arriving so we will have much more to do and I will only be able to do one post a week. So this week I am going to try to share as much as I can about what we are doing and how God is working through us as we love and serve the people in Kitale. 

During the weekend I went back to Purpose Driven Academy to show the kids support on Parent’s Day. We were only able to fit in a short visit, but it was great to spend more time with them. I am blessed to know these kids and be able to spend more time getting to know them. 


Smiling Stella and Junior

With Stella, Baby Marvelous and a few friends


Today I went back to Purpose Driven Academy to talk to Margaret about a few things. We got to talking and decided that Baby Marvelous needed to be tested for HIV/AIDS. I went to her class to pick her up and all of the sweet little babies were sleeping on the floor. It was the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. After we woke her up we brought her into the testing center that is located at the school. We went into the back room and the lady pricked her finger to take her blood. She didn’t cry at all and sat there the whole time just snuggled up against me. We sat quietly as we waited for the tests to produce results. That may have been the longest five minutes of my entire life. After the wait it was a great relief and a gift from God that she tested negative. It amazes me how God has protected these children. 




All of the sweet babies napping. Marvelous is front and center. 
Baby Marvelous

No comments:

Post a Comment