Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It always surprises me the many ways that God chooses to bring kids into my life. After a whole day of scheduled meetings with various children I decided to walk into town to get a few things before calling it a day. I was walking the same way I always walk and then I saw little Kevin sitting in the shade with his grandmother near a little soda stand.

He is six years old and has Hydrocephalus. He was terrified of me at first and wouldn’t even let me look at him, let alone touch him. Taking a picture of a kid and letting them see themselves instantly makes you their best friend. Luckily for me I remembered that quickly and then Kevin gave me big smiles and even asked me to take him for a ride in a car. 
He was with his grandmother and she told me that his father left so he stays with her while his mother works. Kevin had a surgery when he was younger to insert a shunt to drain the fluid from his brain. He can’t sit or walk on his own, but he is starting to talk a little.
Kevin's shunt


 Another sweet boy God placed in my path and I can’t wait to see how God works in his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment