Friday, September 23, 2011



           Spent the morning catching up with the kids and staff at Purpose Driven Academy. The baby class was outside playing and building little things out of dirt so I sat outside with them. Marvelous was so happy and I noticed today how much healthier she looks now. 



Her teacher is one of the sweetest human beings on the planet. She is always working to teach the kids, even when it is playtime. She always asks them questions in English first then Swahili so that they can learn. She also really loves the kids. She had Marvelous tell me about her week. The night before she had spent the night at Margaret Wanyoni’s house. Margaret is the head teacher at Purpose Driven Academy and was the one who was looking out for Marvelous and her mother while I was away. Marvelous was excited that she got to go to Margaret’s house and play with her friend Emanuel, who Margaret has taken in as her own son. 
Manu and Marvelous
All the kids there are doing well. Junior and Allan have been so sweet. During the summer I used to have to go find them if I wanted to say hi and see how they were doing. Now they always come over and greet me when they see me. Stella is as sweet and shy as ever. I am so glad that God has put these children in my life. It has been a privilege to see them grow over these past few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment